Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fat free? Yeah right...

Couple of times recently have remarked to friends while visiting, how good their coffee is.
Finally flicked its the full-cream milk enhancing the taste experience, so changed my weekly order to include a carton of Farmhouse traditional rich and creamy. Non-homogenised too.
Heck, even my fresh fruit and muesli is quantum enhanced.
The big impression I'm getting, is simply.... satisfaction.
The major problem with the diet culture is you're forced into foods that are so bland you're forever searching for that something missing, and you fill the gap with stuff you shouldn't.
I've just had a chunk of grilled brisket for breakfast, 70% animal fat, and if you mention food to me before 5pm tonight, I'll puke. Now isnt that where we should be heading with eating plans?
In the same vein, have been a disciple of that bloke advocates the olive oil diet, couple of dessert spoons a day. Some literature tells you grape-seed oil is the go, so alternate with that, for cooking too, but jees, read the label, its got trans-fat in it!
So butter's back in my fridge, even though I use that Flora Pro-active plant sterol stuff to help the old cholesterol situation, which incidentally has trans-fat in it too.
There's something oxymoronic about having eggs for breakfast to get some brain-food cholesterol, then greasing your toast with Pro-active to block it.
The cat's started drinking milk again too.

No comments:

Post a Comment