Sunday, September 30, 2012

Movie: Two Little Boys

Some time elapsed since I went to this one, and its endeared itself with time for some contemplation.
Got a bit corny in the ending but hey, its a comedy. One reviewer's commented its a strange movie, and I'd agree it leaves you a little bit WTF, credit to the Sarkie's odd-ball/hilarious bent I guess.
I like how the Kiwi scenery was "there", but didnt intrude on the story, like it didnt make the movie an NZ poster.
Maaka Pohatu did a brilliant job with his very credible Maori portrayal, entirely natural somewhat detached and bemused by his mate's antics.
Actors have remarked that movie acting is all about close-up face shooting, and Bret showed a lot of potential in this department for bigger more serious roles, I thought.
Nice touch was the surprise, not so much in the final twist of the plot, but in seeing someone I know personally in one of the final scenes. Peter McKenzie claps very convincingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment