Thursday, May 3, 2012

Movie: The Avengers

Much has been made of the cleverness of the studio to release this movie world-wide, before release at home, reported in todays paper already having grossed $180 million, thereby establishing to the American public, its a blockbuster.
That'll be because the American movie-going public is smarter than we are, and they dont have to crave Americana.
Frankly, I thought this movie was tedious, and my date got through her coke, an ice cream, her bag of popcorn, and the 3/4 of mine I didnt want, plus started twiddling with her cellphone, all in an effort to stay awake.
Why is it that the modern super-hero has to be mentally and emotionally idiosyncratic?
Yawn.... give me a Jason Statham or a Daniel Craig who can straight-faced get on with the job anyday.
Here I am not 2 days later and I've pretty much forgotten what it was about, so you'll have to punt-up and go yourself.
I'll give it some points for being 3D.
2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment